Dive or snorkel among the stunning coral reefs. Warm and calm seas, a rich marine life and excellent visibility are the main attractions for divers of all abilities.
Facilities are well-developed. The diving season is busiest from December through April.
Some of the best dive sites include:
- Andreas Reef (on St Thomas, known for its variety of tropical fish)
- Buck Island Reef National Monument (a protected area on St Croix with markers describing marine life)
- Carval Rock (for advanced divers, on St John)
- Salt River Canyon (one of the most popular sites, also on St Croix)
- Submarine Alley (an advanced dive site, also on St Thomas, with large coral islands)